8.16.2008

What Does E. M. T. Stand For?

My friend Shannon has two blog entries entitled "Free Rant Friday." She has written about some of the crazy things and perplexing things that we all encounter daily. Even though today is Saturday, I want to add a"free rant" to my blog today:

Coming home from Ruth's house late this afternoon, I was listening to 98.7 FM. Listeners were calling in with requests to be played. A "dude" (I'm sure he thinks he's a dude) named John or Josh called in with a request for "Play That Funky Music, White Boy".

The DJ asked where he worked...his reply was that he is an EMT and he's at work. DJ asks if he's in the back of an ambulance on a call....."No," says John...."just chilling and waiting." DJ says he hopes things stay that way...."we wouldn't want anybody to croak tonight." Now listen to John's reply to that comment: "HEY, IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER TO ME, I GET PAID WHETHER THEY CROAK OR NOT!"

and...that's all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe he actually said that. I hope he caught some serious slack from the listener's for that insensitive comment.